Instrument Sales Specialist — Northeastern US
Gemini Bio is a leading manufacturer and supplier of RUO and GMP cell culture media, sera, reagents and instrumentation sold into the hyper-growth Cell and Gene Therapy Markets.
Gemini Bio is looking for a skilled, enthusiastic, high-energy Instrument Sales Specialist with a hunter mentality to join its entrepreneurial team environment. You will be responsible for driving sales of our Cell and Protein Analysis and Bioreactor instrument lines. Candidate will be responsible for all customer segments and driving the entire sales process from lead to close. The candidate will collaborate closely with the reagent sales team in his or her territory to leverage the company’s existing customer base for lead generation.
This position is based in Boston and covers CT, DE, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, and VT.
Ph.D., MS or BS in a science related discipline, bio-engineering or related field. 2-3 years of direct experience selling instrumentation and workflow solutions into the life science markets. 1-2 years of flow and instrument core lab bench experience.
- Established regional knowledge and key account contacts in academia, biotech, biopharma and CMO/CRO accounts within your region.
- Possess a hunter mentality with a proven track record of driving lead generation through leveraging next generation techniques (i.e. mining of LinkedIn, NIH grant/clinical-trial databases), and utilizing other social media channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook).
- Track record of penetrating and radiating key accounts (R&D, Process Development, Manufacturing).
- CRM, blue sheet and org chart mapping experience.
- Highly developed sense of integrity, ethics, and loyalty.
- Excellent communication skills, mastery of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and demonstration of SPIN based selling.
- Creative, highly motivated self-starter with good insight and problem-solving skills, and highly able to effectively coordinate multiple tasks and projects.
Actively drive sales of Gemini Bio’s instrument product lines. Candidate will be responsible for covering the entire sales process. Candidate will be expected to manage all leads and opportunities through sales force CRM. Candidate will leverage existing sales process guidelines and implement an effective follow-up system for inquiries and sales to nurture leads to sales closure. Must be willing to roll up sleeves to help customers set up cell-based experiments.
Candidate will also provide competitive intel back to marketing and sales team to enable refinement of marketing, selling and pricing strategies. Must be able to network and make connections in order to identify prospects and propagate our technology and products.
- Leverage SPIN selling approach to uncover customer needs, research goals and how Gemini’s offering can meet these needs and drive workflow efficiencies.
- Utilize penetrate and radiate account management strategy across key target functional groups, process development, R&D, and manufacturing.
- Candidate will leverage above strategies to drive standardization of Gemini’s Cell QC equipment across the organization.
- Leverage business development approach to identify early stage (pre-clinical/phase 1) programs with goal of having Companies Cell QC and Bioreactor solutions for cell therapy designed into these programs.
- Track record of leveraging social media channels for driving leads and market awareness.
- Analyze current sales and future sales potential in region and develop a regional sales plan to maximize the market potential. Recommend goals for sales and market share.
- Conduct technical webinars, seminars, lunch and learns and product demonstrations as appropriate.
- Represent Gemini Bio-Products at exhibitions and conferences and where necessary give presentations.
- Maintain consistent customer contact for on-going sales of reagents, consumables, service contracts, additional equipment, as well as finding new sales prospects from existing users.
- Assist in follow-up of existing users to assure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with customers as needed to generate data and write up application notes, white papers and support product marketing.
- Acquire and provide market information to management, including information about customer needs, their suggestions for product improvements, new product ideas, user problems, competition, etc. Advise management in helping to formulate overall marketing plan.
- Provide regular reports to management of sales activities, status of sales leads, and projected monthly sales with key in month opportunities.
- Assist in the planning process; consider future products and competition to develop marketing strategies; plan sales meetings; discuss feedback on issues and opportunities; assist in hiring and evaluating resource needs.
- Acquire and maintain technical and other skills necessary to perform job function.
- Strong command of MS Office tools, excel, PowerPoint and word
- Experience using Microsoft teams to collaborate with company and customers
- Ability to leverage technology, google, CRM to support selling efforts
- Position is based in the region assigned out of home office. This is a full-time position.