Project Development Specialist
Founded in 1985, Gemini is a leading supplier of cell culture media, sera, and reagents and cellular analysis instrumentation to many of the top research and academic institutions as well as biotechnology, cell/gene therapy, and pharmaceutical companies. Gemini Bioproducts, LLC, recently became a portfolio company of BelHealth Investment Partners, LLC; a New York-based healthcare private equity firm. Gemini is now under new leadership and operates in West Sacramento, California. Gemini is growth-focused and is expanding and enhancing its manufacturing capabilities driving toward higher quality and compliance standards commensurate with the needs of the commercial therapeutic space. Gemini is augmenting its product portfolio through acquisitions, internal innovation, and partnerships.
Project Development Specialist oversees and facilitates development projects that occur at Gemini Bio. These projects include internal projects looking to optimize yields, lower costs, improve process times within the established manufacturing processes as well as being the key liaison between Gemini Bio and external collaborators including writing proposals, determining costs and creating preliminary work instructions for the manufacturing group. The ideal candidate will have experience in media formulations or an equivalent life science background. The position will schedule update meetings, record deliverables, and ensure that schedules are adhered to. The Project Development Specialist will plan and designate project resources, monitor and drive progress, and keep stakeholders informed for the duration of the projects.
This position will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Prepare development proposals and costing sheets for custom projects with external collaborators
- Create work instructions (batch records) for transfer of processes from external collaborators to manufacturing
- Project management for external projects
- Determine and define project scope and objectives
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan for various projects
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders
- Monitor progress for projects and adjust as needed
Required Skills and Experience
- The candidate should have a BS or MS in chemical/biochemical engineering, molecular biology or related discipline
- Ideally, experience in cell culture formulation
- A proven ability to work as part of a team to deliver results
- Organization Skills – Ability to manage multiple priorities and know when to escalate issues for resolution
- Effective Communicator
- Good level of understanding with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel)
- Results driven