Sales Representative — Mid-Atlantic Territory
Founded in 1985, Gemini Bio is a supplier of cell culture media, sera, and other reagents and instruments to many of the top research and academic institutions as well as biotechnology, cell/gene therapy, and pharmaceutical companies. Gemini Bioproducts, LLC, is a portfolio company of BelHealth Investment Partners, LLC a New York-based healthcare private equity firm. Gemini Bio, which operates in West Sacramento, California, is growth-focused and is expanding and enhancing its manufacturing capabilities driving toward higher quality and compliance standards commensurate with the needs of the commercial therapeutic space. Gemini Bio is augmenting its product portfolio through acquisitions, internal innovation, and partnerships.
Actively drive sales of Gemini Bio products in territory. Includes generating, qualifying and follow-up of sales leads. Implement an effective follow-up system for inquiries and sales, and nurture leads to the point of sales closure. Expand revenue base of academic accounts both through new lab acquisition and increasing share of wallet with existing labs.
- Maintain customer records using Salesforce.com.
- Provide quotations and samples to customers.
- Provide regular updates to key sales funnel tracking tools.
- Analyze current sales and future sales potential in territory and develop a plan to maximize the market potential.
- Represent Gemini Bio at vendor shows, exhibitions and conferences, which may include giving presentations where necessary.
- Maintain consistent customer contact for ongoing sales of reagents, consumables, service contracts, and additional equipment, while finding new sales prospects from existing users.
- Assist in follow-up of existing users to assure a high level of customer satisfaction.
Position is based in the territory assigned out of home office. This is a full-time position.
Required Skills and Experience
- BS in the life sciences, bio-engineering or related field. 1-2 years of lab bench experience highly desired
- 3-5 years of inside or direct sales experience selling reagents, instrumentation and workflow solutions into the life sciences markets
- Established territory and customer knowledge within key academic accounts
- Possess a hunter mentality with a proven track record of driving lead generation through leveraging next generation techniques (ie mining of LinkedIn, NIH grant/clinical-trial databases), and utilizing other social media channels (Twitter, Instagram and Facebook)
- Track record of penetrating and radiating throughout key academic accounts within territory
- SFDC, blue sheet and org chart mapping experience
- Highly developed sense of integrity, ethics, and loyalty
- Excellent communication skills
- Mastery of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge and demonstration of consultative selling
- Creative, highly motivated self-starter with good insight and problem-solving skills, and highly able to effectively coordinate multiple tasks and projects.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Ongoing production driven incentives and bonuses.
- Position is based in the territory assigned out of home office. This is a full-time position.
- Gemini Bio provides a competitive benefits package.
Company Core Values
- Results driven