Strategic Business Development Manager
Founded in 1985, Gemini Bio is a supplier of cell culture media, sera, and other reagents and instruments to many of the top research and academic institutions as well as biotechnology, cell/gene therapy, and pharmaceutical companies. Gemini Bioproducts, LLC, is a portfolio company of BelHealth Investment Partners, LLC a New York-based healthcare private equity firm. Gemini Bio, which operates in West Sacramento, California, is growth-focused and is expanding and enhancing its manufacturing capabilities delivering higher quality and compliance standards to meet the dynamic needs of the commercial therapeutic industry. Gemini Bio continues to build upon their capabilities and product offerings through acquisitions, internal innovation, and partnerships.
- Identify key areas of needs that can be addressed by Gemini’s unique capabilities within in targeted growth markets, Diagnostics, Vaccine production, Cell and Gene therapy
- Promotion of our cell culture media facility with a focus on strategic long-term partnerships that align with our strategy
- Identify new partners that would add complementary new products to our portfolio
- Provide insight on potential acquisitions and targeted technologies
- Interface with sales team on a regular basis, developing leads and gaining insight from the field on industry trends and customer needs
- Participate and attend strategic, market focused forums to gain insight into customer requirements and trends
- Assess the market dynamics and customers’ requirements
- Report on competitors’ products and tactics
- Work cross-functionally to drive key projects forward, and provide regular updates and feed-back to leadership team
- Qualify new Media/ Buffer Opportunities that are strategic and aligned to Gemini’s long-term growth strategies
- Identify Decision makers and key buying influences within new customers and strategic partners
- Contract review and updates
- Must be detail oriented with a concern for quality
Qualifications and Skills
- 5 years’ experience in Cell Culture (Cell Therapy/Gene Therapy/cGMP Bio-processing environment)
- Market Knowledge (Customers and Competitors) in the life science area
- Customer driven
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently
- Excellent listening (empathy), questioning and presentation skills
- Solid computer skills, ideally including experience with a CRM and the ability to use Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent teamwork skills and proven ability to also work with cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Project management, and self-managing, able to prioritize tasks effectively to meet deadlines and expectations.
Benefits and Compensation
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Biology or a related field
Benefits and Compensation
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Gemini Bio provides a competitive benefits package.
Company Core Values
- Results driven