Vice President of Sales and Marketing
The VP of Sales and Marketing is a member of the organization’s operating leadership team and is responsible for driving profitable revenue growth and market demand to achieve the company’s objectives. The role will be responsible for protecting the current business while increasing share of wallet and expanding into new channels, geographies, and markets, specifically in biologics and cell/gene therapy. Additionally, the role will manage the direct sales organization, distribution channels, sales support, and marketing; is responsible for developing the strategic sales plans based on company goals that will promote rapid sales growth and outstanding customer satisfaction.
Direct Supervisor: Chief Executive Officer
Indirect Supervisors: Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer
The ideal candidate will be a proven leader with in-depth industry experience and a true passion for the Life Science industry. The candidate must have an exceptional record of building high performing teams and outstanding relationships with internal and external customers. A strong work ethic with proactive communications skills that encourage constructive conversations is critical.
- Develop plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s objectives.
- Drive growth, effectively forecast, and deliver the sales and revenue plan.
- Create a culture of success, ongoing business, and goal achievement.
- Define the optimal sales structure and territory alignments.
- Define sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of marketing, sales activities and results
- Direct and oversee the company’s marketing function to identify and develop new customers for products and services.
- Manage key customer relationships.
- Commercially expand Gemini’s sales footprint into the biologic and cell/gene therapy process development and production space.
- Direct the management of the sales organization, distribution channels, sales support, and marketing ensuring the establishment of best practices, and standard processes in areas such as pricing, positioning, and promotion.
- Effectively coaches the directs sales team in sales strategy and tactics
- Effectively works with the internal teams to develop sales training content and ensure technical expertise and proper product messaging of the direct sales team.
- Leads all aspects of Marketing to include branding, demand generation, messaging, website traffic, etc.
Required Skills and Experience
- 6+ years of sales/account management experience in the Life Science with 3-4 years of sales management and marketing experience.
- MBA or related advanced degree desired but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in life sciences or another related field.
- Cell Culture Media/Sera experience a plus
- Account management experience a plus
- Marketing experience
- Ideally experienced in planning marketing strategies and campaigns
- Product deployment experience a plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated track record of building customer relationships to drive business growth across a product portfolio.
- Excellent and straight forward communication and negotiations skills with a demonstrated ability to influence.
- Proven leadership skills and team-building acumen across a diverse group of individuals.
- Network in the US academic, cell and gene therapy, and biopharma space a plus.
- Experience hiring and building teams
- Strong business acumen and a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with key business partners and customers.
- Customer Focus
Job Type: Full-time
- MBA or related advanced degree: 1 year (Preferred)
- Cell Culture Media/Sera: 3 years (Preferred)
- Sales: 7 years (Required)
- Marketing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Account Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Hiring and building teams: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- United States (Required)